The Mentor Graphics User Conference
Park Hilton, Munich, Germany, November 06, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
U2U is a one day conference and exhibition dedicated to end-users of Mentor’s EDA solutions.
Conference keynotes and user presentations address the following domains: IC Design & Manufacturing, SoC/ASIC /FPGA design & verification and validation, PCB system design and Electronics Cooling using thermal characterization.
Through “user-presented papers”, delegates will learn of industry best practices together with “tips and tricks” developed whilst using Mentor tools to create leading edge products. The conference is supported by an exhibition of Mentor’s partners.
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW OPEN:
Paper submissions are invited for the following topic areas:
- IC Design, verification, manufacturing and test
- IC Calibre devoted to the presentation and discussion of all Calibre related topics. The range is large and covers both legacy technology nodes and latest technology nodes which require the advanced, market leading Calibre capabilities.
- Digital place and route and custom IC design topics could discuss usage, experiences and successes with advanced technology nodes and Low Power design.
- Silicon test and yield analysis to explore challenges of manufacturing test, debug, and yield ramp for today’s SoCs.
- Verification and validation of SoC’s to FPGA’s
For the discussion of Functional Verification topics for digital, analog and mixed-signal designs. From virtual prototyping to emulation and from traditional simulation to advanced verification methods and formal methods. Topics could include methodologies (OVM/UVM) and strategies (Low Power (UPF), Formal Verification) and how to extend digital methodologies for AMS designs.
- PCB system design
Submissions will be considered across the spectrum of PCB system design which demonstrates the use of Mentor technology including PCB placement and routing, signal and power integrity analysis, DfM, library & data management etc.
- Thermal Characterization
Submissions should showcase the capabilities of the MicReD Product Suite including T3Ster, DynTIM and TeraLED. Topics should include the thermal characterization of semi-conductor device packages, power electronics devices including MOSFETS and IGBTs as well as photometric, thermal and radiometric characterization of power and HBLEDS. Also thermal conductivity of greases, pastes, phase-change materials, adhesives and solid samples.
Please email your abstract submission by July 01, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- First name, Last name, Job title, Company name, company address, Email address, Work phone number
- Topic area – select from the list above
- Presentation title (no more than 10 words)
- Abstract in paragraph form (no more than 150 words)
The conference language is English. Presentation length is 30 min and answers.
All submitted papers will be evaluated with regard to their suitability for the conference. The author of a submitted paper will be notified of acceptance or rejection by July 30, 2014. Final paper submission is required by October 01, 2014 and must be delivered in both PowerPoint and PDF formats.
The author agrees that in case of acceptance the title and abstract of the presentation together with author’s name, job title and company name will be published on the conference website and in all print material. The author will also be asked to give his permission to distribute the PDF version of the presented paper to the conference delegates.
If you have further question please don’t hesitate to contact me. We are looking forward to your contribution!
With best Regards
Program Manager U2U
phone +49 (89) 57096-131